Thursday, July 10, 2014

Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 Mods

External Gate IN:

I finally found some time to start poking around inside the Werkstatt.  First on the list is adding a Gate IN to trigger the envelope.  I followed peff's idea of using a voltage follower for the Gate IN.  I did a breadboard test and had it running in minutes.


I was wiring the Gate IN directly to the sustain switch and found that in order to have it work properly, the trace coming from the keyboard will need to be cut.  I found a small spot just before the gate is converted into a trigger.  here's a schem (oh, and I used a TL072):




All of the parts fit nicely on the kludge area on the PCB with pleanty of room to spare.  You'll notice I added some capacitors.  These are just .1u bypass caps at both voltage inputs to ground.



I know I'll be adding more, so at the moment I have the jacks just dangling out of the back through a small slot just above the power jack.  Eventually I'll drill out the case and mount them inside.  One thing to keep in mind is BE MINDFUL OF YOUR SOLDERING IRON!  I wasn't paying attention and it got a bit too close to the sustain switch.  :(  Hopefully Moog will be nice enough to supply me with a part number.  It works, just a little melted.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your adventures in modding. I look forward to what you share next, as i will follow along and attempt to mod/melt my Wekstatt!

    ReplyDelete